Tuesday, August 4, 2009

A Homecoming Celebration of Sorts

Watch What I Eat is falling in love with seafood! Last night we had salmon. Yes, it was very good. I have prepared it differently in the past always using about half an orange and searing it. But for last night, I did it in a packet just like the cod. My packet had asparagus, and Brian's had broccoli. It was pretty dad-gone-good.
Over the weekend, ,we had Genghis Grill which is always a satisfying but never over filling meal, Jersey Mikes which isnt the best for you probably but it is the BEST DAMN philly cheesesteak this side of the Mississippi in my opinion, pan seared pork chops and steamed veggies with a bottle of muscadine wine followed by an over abundance of mixed drinks as Brian played bartender while my guest Kayla and I proceeded to get quite sauced and share stories, Corner Bakery breakfast sandwiches, Boston's Hawaiian pizza, and Oikos Greek Yogurt sparsed through the weekend for breakfast.
Not a bad weekend for eating at all.... some indiscretions with the alcohol, but hey, I'm not posing for the cover of Self magazine anytime soon, so who gives a rip, right?

Love and good eats to ya,

Lessie