So, I have read a few books and stuff, and have decided that one of the big sources of fat in my diet is dairy. I love dairy - ice cream, cheese, yogurt, milk... seriously, dairy is by definition one of my vices. And I am either not strong willed enough, or not willing enough to give it all up. But, I've started.
I saw on E! the other day that the actress from "My Big Fat Greek Wedding" attributes alot of her weight loss to kissing cheese goodbye. Oh, how I long to do that, but I started with something I knew I could do. I have said the big "Goodbye, via con Dios, Fare the Well" to cow's milk. Honestly, you don't need it. All those creamy delish vitamins that you get from milk, can be supplied from lots of other places, provided that you actually eat them. And really, who in their right mind really needs to have the milk from a cow, it is designed to grow a 500 or more lb cow up - I'm shooting for something closer to 160.
I already knew that I loved soy milk, because an old college roomie used to keep it in the fridge ( I would have never known I liked it, except her rather invasive fiance was forever drinking my milk, so I had to hit her where it hurt, and drink the soy!) Anyway, that's it. One little healthy change - a butterfly effect because now my snacking is much healthier, to make sure I am getting all the little vitamins I am no longer drinking, and I've added a ton of delish veggies to the menu.
Today's blog comes because of some serious anxious-ness I have about tomorrow and breakfast.
While I have been training myself to eat fruit alone for breakfies, sometimes I need a little cold cereal comfort. So, I have been hearing about all the different milks available to sort of replace moo milk. Almond, Rice, Soy, etc. My husband is not tolerant to most nuts, so Almond is probably not a choice for me -not that I think he would drink it, but just in case he wanted to try it...
So I curiously picked up some shelf stable Rice milk from the health food section at my local Kroger. And, have since run out of soy milk. So no matter how long I put it off, I am going to have to try the rice milk.
I sure hope it's good. I love milk. I love the cold refreshing stuff all over my healthy grains and nuts and raisins cereal. I need this to be good, or I am going to just drive right back to the Kroger, go straight to the refrigerated section, and Buy my Soy Milk.